18 Sept 2014

A flip flop story



I used to be a die hard flip flop wearer during summer. While getting older I realized that it wasn't really appropriate for every occasion. Not for school, not for work, even in the city it felt a little too 'beachy'. You'll understand that I was looking forward to one of the occasions were flip flops are absolutely appropriate: holiday! They were glued to my feet in Lanzarote. Maybe a little too much. It wasn't a very smart decision to wear them here. We were on our way to a beach that was only attainable by a rough path. And that's how I come to the moral of the story: Just because you're able to wear something you really like, doesn't mean it's a smart decision. ;)


jumpsuit H&M - bag Dille & Kamille

Playa Blanca, Lanzarote
(on our way to the Papagaio beaches)

2 comments:

  1. Ouch! That scenery and the water look beautiful but the route down to it looks very rugged indeed. While flip-flops may provide some cushion when walking over small round beach gravel and shells, they're certainly a far cry from the kind of professional rescue diving footwear (boots and flippers) that Jennie and Mark were wearing in their recent outing. The posted some photos from it in their recent post: FROCKTASIA: Being AWARE. In hindsight I guess it would have been better to have the flip-flops in your bag and wear more protective footwear to traverse the rough terrain on the way there. I suspect I would have been wearing a pair of worn converse sneakers and not known what to do once I got to the water's edge. You looked very stylish in your H+M jumpsuit for your excursion to the beach, and your Dille + Kamille bag is a beauty!

    http://www.full-brief-panties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thanks! I hadn't thought about the rough terrain in advance, otherwise I would have worn hiking sandals or something, they're still practical on the beach. Anyway, it became a nice anecdote haha. :)

      Delete

Feel free to comment and make my day. :)