23 Aug 2014

Morbid humor



Do you know that feeling that you're suddenly very into something? A movie for instance? Well, I have it with The Addams Family lately. I rewatched the movies and fell completely in love again with their morbid sense of humor. Especially mother Morticia got my attention. Despite the fact that her make up look isn't very uhm... flattering, Anjelica Huston made a marvellous character out of 'Tish' Addams. And then not the mention the chemistry between Gomez and Morticia! Ah, if only someone could treat me the way Gomez treats his Morticia! (Oh shut up Siel, you've got an awesome boyfriend al ready.)
I wondered if I could remake those crazy cheekbones of her. One thing led to another and POOF... suddenly I was making pictures trying to look like her!
Do you think I succeeded?

Anyway, it gives a good dose of inspiration for my favourite holiday: Halloween! Can't wait till the 31st of October!


For those interested, this is the order of the movies:
  • The Addams Family (1991)
  • Addams Family Values (1993)    Sequel of previous movie
  • Addams Family Reunion (1998)  Stands apart from previous movies (and less good in my opinion)
I didn't watch the original series again, but they're certainly on my series-to-watch-list!

PS. Sorry for the overload of pictures and GIF's, I just couldn't decide which ones I loved more! :)

1 comment:

  1. I love the Addams! The scenes of Wednesday at summer camp are my favorite ones :)

    xoxo

    Novelstyle

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to comment and make my day. :)